What businesses need to do online during the coronavirus outbreak.
Valued clients, colleagues and contacts:
For business owners like us this is a time of uncertainty and disruption, at the very least. And as the founder and face of Optimize Digital, I want to let you that my teams and I are here to support your business during this period.
I’ve put together some bullet points covering coronvirus communications, as well as guidance for adapting your online approach in this new normal, however temporary or lengthy it may turn out to be.As for steps at Optimize Digital:
- Early last week I directed all teams (and myself) to work from home.
- I’ve increased Optimize Digital’s content writing bandwidth by hiring extra writers.
- I’m following up this email with short calls, since each client’s industry and business is unique, each plan of attack will be based on your business.
- I’ve assured each contracted team member that Optimize Digital will still provide assignments during this outbreak (since our writers and coders are young freelancers who rely on agencies and services like Optimize Digital for their income).
During this time it’s important to stay relevant and trusted by offering even more articles and video content, though that might seem counterintuitive at first glance. Read on to see some of the guidance. Thank you, as always, to our valued clients.
Please reach out by phone (914-631-3613) or email for any further information on this topic, or anything digital marketing related.
Founder/President, Optimize Digital
600 Mamaroneck Ave, Suite 400
Harrison, NY 10528
STEPS TO TAKE NOW
- Put out your COVID-19 statement on social media, and make it readily available from the homepage of your website. Contact Jesse for guidance or to have your statement created.
- Formulate a digital presence strategy for your business.
- Communicate often and communicate clearly: if your hours, your services or your policies change as a result of coronavirus, let your customers and clients know.
COVID-19: Your Approach & Online Presence
HOW TO DIGITIZE MY BUSINESS, AND WHY?
With today’s technology it’s possible for most business owners to at least partially digitize their business. Who knows, maybe this period gives us a chance to enhance our services in the long run?
Each business is unique, so please contact us to discuss your specific business. Here are some ideas and tactics to digitize your business:
- For professionals who can, it’s time to implement phone or digital appointments and consultations. Initial appointments can be done over the phone, and if video is needed, many clients have Facetime, Skype or any number of video chat services.
- Design or other home consultations can be conducted via video, and samples can be ordered for direct delivery.
- For home services companies like plumbers, or HVAC, many times the initial estimate visit can be done through video chat as well.
Create videos using your your computer’s webcam or your phone. Even if it’s just you offering relevant information on how your services help people. Or if you’re still going in to work, take some quick videos of you business in action or of a new product. Send them to Jesse, we’ll edit, optimize, and publish them to engage with your business.
Up the ante on social media. In addition to videos and photos, find useful articles to post. Your existing and potential customers are going to have the time and desire to read or watch your content.